Not only large projects are hit by setbacks - this can also happen even on a small scale. And that happened today with AstroDIY: my 3D printer is dead!
Starting this project meant to me taking a deep dive into the "maker scene". My 3D printer runs almost day and night. This automatically requires some extensions and improvements to the equipment.
We took a closer look at the design of the telescope and divided it into several work packages. The mechanics of the Dobson mount should be easy to create. The optical parts are of major interest as they might be tricky to create.
AstroDIY started with a project plan which we wrote during the 34C3 in Leipzig. It contains planned content and goals, but also necessary support from sponsors and important milestones. We have also listed critical prerequisites that could render the project impossible.